The 3850 Fire bolt is a spring-loaded bolt, mounted in the inactive leaf of a pair of doors. The bolt is held in the retracted position by a fusible membrane which melts at 450 degrees and allows the bolt to engage and lock-up the pair of doors. Designed for use in conjunction with an automatic flushbolt or self-latching flushbolt. It replaces the bottom bolt of a set of auto/semi-auto flushbolts or can be used with a vertical rod panic device. Flush bolt combinations include: 3810×3850, 3815Lx3850, 3820×3850 and 3825Lx3850.
- Designed to be activated only in the event of a fire.
- Used in place of the bottom bolt in a set of automatic or semi-automatic flushbolts.
- Eliminates the need of a dust-proof strike.
- Activation temperature: 450° F.
- Easy installation.
- UL Rated 3-hours when used with 3810 or 3820.
- UL Rated 20 minutes when used with 3815L or 3825L
- 3850 Edge Mounted UL Fire Bolt
- Commercial & Industrial Buildings
- Government & Military Facilities
- Multifamily & Mixed-Use
- Office Buildings
This product meets the following standards.